Monday, January 11, 2010

Memory Essentials - How to improve your memory_Introduction

A wise man once remarked, "Everybody has photographic memory. The problems is that some do not have film".

I quite agree with him on that. Don't you? Consider this instance: a set of students attentively listen to a teacher deliver a series of lectures. Just after a certain lecture, he announces that there will be a test on all that he had taught them since the beginning of the semester. As usual, the students go home for revisions and prepare for the test. They take the test, results are released and performance varied widely.

What, from your experience, is the reason behind the usually wide gap between the highest and the lowest scores the students obtain in the test? They do not all score the same thing. Sure. Neither do they all score high.
They ALL attented the lectures.
They ALL studied ahead of the test.
But their scores varied widely. Why?
The answer? Simple: SOME DO NOT HAVE FILM!

The importance of a good working memory can never be overstated. From time immemorial, great thinkers have sort to better understand, and sort out ways to enhance, the human memory. Consequently, there is a myriad of research articles and write-ups on memory enhancement. You can find a great deal of memory boosting techniques on the internet written by persons with qualifications ranging from established institutions to professors of the subject and to ordinary free-thinkers who just feel they know one or two things about memory.

Are these techniques truely what they claim?

Well, I'm sure you must be caring to know. I did too. So, I did some "digging ups" of my own on the matter and made some really interesting finds.

There are persons (on this planet earth) who remember up to 90% of anything they read at FIRST attempt. Some find it easy to remember sceneries very graphically and in great detail. The technical term that refers to the such "photographic", "quick snap" or "snap shot" memory is "EIDECTIC MEMORY".

So if you want to do something about that "film" I talked about earlier, follow me on this blog as I describe some of my findings on the subject of memory enhancement. You will find them interesting and useful, I assure you.

But being such a one born with "exceptional memory", I have a few insights of my own to add too. Just to wet your appetite, here are two essential factors that REALLY wield profound influence on the depth of one's memory.

> Blood flow (oxygen supply) to the brain.
> Usage (you got that right, the more you use your memory, experts say, the better it performs for you)

Until next time, remember to drink a lot of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment